Strengthening the Parent-Teacher Partnership
Partnering with families is as important as knowing your students, and this book supports educators at all grade levels in building effective home-school and parent-teacher relationships.
With strategies and resources for productive digital communication, positive conferences, mutually beneficial classroom involvement, and more, this book empowers teachers to collaborate confidently with their students’ families.
- Making all parents feel welcome
- Understanding a culturally plural classroom
- Communicating effectively with families to support student success
- Leveraging the power of parent-teacher conferences
- Strengthening family connections through parent involvement in the classroom
- Conveying the importance of teaching self-discipline
- Managing challenging parent encounters/situations
- Getting to know and partner with the community
Free discussion questions now available! These chapter-by-chapter questions will deepen your learning and help you apply the book’s strategies to your own setting.Copyright ©2021 Center for Responsive Schools, Inc