What Every 5th Grade Teacher Needs to Know
About Setting Up and Running a Classroom
You’re teaching 5th grade this year. What do you need to know?
You’re teaching 5th grade this year. What do you need to know? Preteens thrive when given challenging, engaging opportunities that integrate their expanding cognitive abilities with their great enthusiasm for working with peers. Mike Anderson shows you how in this practical book. In clear, plain writing peppered with examples from his own classrooms, he shares practical, specific advice on topics such as:
- Arranging a circle, desks, and tables
- Choosing and storing supplies
- Scheduling a child-centered day and teaching daily routines
- Planning special projects and field trips that maximize learning and build community
- Understanding the special concerns of fifth graders’ parents and finding the best ways to communicate with them
Part of the What Every Teacher Needs to Know K–5 Series! Buy a set of these grade-level books and get all 6 grade-level titles for the price of 5!
Copyright ©2011 Center for Responsive Schools, Inc