Doing Language Arts in Morning Meeting
150 Quick Activities That Connect to Your Curriculum
Joan Riordan, Jodie Luongo, Kate Umstatter
Quick and easy to teach and do, these activities offer K–6 teachers engaging ways to give students rich practice in language arts. Get language arts–themed ideas for all four Morning Meeting components: greeting, sharing, group activity, and morning message.
Browse for activities that fit your students’ needs, interests, and current language arts work. Use the book’s activity finder charts to search for activities by Common Core State Standard or language arts content. For quick access, the charts are organized by grade level and tell you whether each activity is a greeting, a sharing, a group activity, or a morning message.
Each activity includes:
- Brief, easy-to-follow directions
- Ideas for variations when applicable
- Ideas for extensions when applicable (ways to build on the activity during language arts lessons)
- Open-ended questions to help students reflect on their learning
- Common Core State Standards and language arts content supported
- Materials needed
- Key vocabulary to reinforce