The First Six Weeks of School 2nd ED
Watch children’s learning blossom all year long when you lay the groundwork with the help of this classic, comprehensive guidebook for K–6 teachers. Day by day and week by week, The First Six Weeks of School shows you how to set students up for a year of engaged and productive learning by:
- Using positive teacher language to establish high academic and behavioral expectations
- Getting students excited about schoolwork by offering engaging academics
- Teaching the classroom and academic routines that enable a collaborative learning community to thrive.
Novice teachers will feel as if they have a personal mentor always by their side; veterans will discover new insights and ideas to make their first six weeks even more productive.
New in this edition:
- Streamlined format for easier navigation, featuring a separate chapter for the crucial first day of school
- Each week organized into 3 new sections:
- Flow of the Day
- Teaching Academics
- Teaching Discipline
- Concise information about key Responsive Classroom practices used in the book
- Tips for special situations (new student, substitute teacher, field trip, indoor recess)
The First Six Weeks of School is one of the four Responsive Classroom books every elementary teacher should own.