Teacher Language for Engaged Learning Kit
Four Video Study Sessions
Learn communication strategies that highly effective teachers use to support students’ high-level thinking, active participation, and collaboration.
Learn communication strategies that highly effective teachers use to support students’ high-level thinking, active participation, and collaboration. This kit includes materials for leading 30-minute professional development sessions on four topics:
- Asking Open-Ended Questions
- Giving Clear Directions
- Giving High-Quality Feedback
- Keeping the Focus on Learning
Each session is built around a 10-minute video segment featuring master teachers using positive language with students at a variety of grade levels. Integrated narration names and describes specific positive language strategies to focus on. Step-by-step guidelines for working through each session are included. Perfect for study groups or in-service presentations, coaching individuals, or for independent use.
- DVD with short videos on four essential teaching skills
- General instructions for using the kit
- 4 session-specific instruction cards
- CD-ROM with printable supporting materials
- Video snippets from the sessions on “Asking Open-Ended Questions” and “Giving High-Quality Feedback“
There are no reviews yet.