What Every 1st Grade Teacher Needs to Know
About Setting Up and Running a Classroom
You’re teaching 1st grade this year. What do you need to know?
You’re teaching 1st grade this year. What do you need to know? In a warm, conversational style punctuated with anecdotes and examples from her own classrooms, Margaret Berry Wilson reviews first graders’ common developmental characteristics and shares practical know-how on topics such as:
- Arranging a circle, desks, and tables
- Choosing and storing supplies
- Scheduling a child-centered day and teaching daily routines
- Planning special projects and field trips that maximize learning and build community
- Understanding the special concerns of first graders’ parents and finding the best ways to communicate with them
“Great book—my principal ordered it for all 18 first grade teachers in our building as well as special education teachers and literacy specialists who support our first graders.” —Nancy S. Dallett, 1st grade teacher, Springfield, PA
Copyright ©2011 Center for Responsive Schools, Inc
Item #: 155-BKS-NEFC
Length: 120 pages
There are no reviews yet.