Positive community is one of the four domains of the Responsive Classroom approach. A positive community is a safe, predictable, joyful, and inclusive classroom where all students have a sense of belonging and significance. Teachers create a positive community when they:
- –Create the conditions for students to belong and be significant
- –Interact with students in respectful manner
- –Approach discipline in a primarily proactive way
- –Respond to misbehavior in ways that preserve the dignity of individual students and the class
- –Provide opportunities to succeed that are equitable, fair, and just
See our latest articles about creating a positive community below.