What Every Kindergarten Teacher Needs to Know
About Setting Up and Running a Classroom
Welcome kindergartners to the new world of school and address their need for repetition, routine, structure, and lively, hands-on explorations.
You’re teaching Kindergarten grade this year. What do you need to know? Welcome kindergartners to the new world of school and address their need for repetition, routine, structure, and lively, hands-on explorations.
Margaret Berry Wilson shows you how in this practical book. In a warm, conversational style punctuated with anecdotes from her own classrooms she offers practical, specific advice for kindergarten teachers on topics such as:
- Arranging a circle, desks, and tables
- Choosing and storing supplies
- Scheduling a child-centered day and teaching daily routines
- Planning special projects and field trips that maximize learning and build community
- Understanding the special concerns of kindergartners’ parents and finding the best ways to communicate with them