Morning Meeting Book
Promote a climate of trust, academic growth, and positive behavior by launching each school day with a whole class gathering. This comprehensive, user-friendly book shows you how to hold Responsive Classroom Morning Meetings, a powerful teaching tool used by hundreds of thousands of teachers in K–8 schools.
In the new 3rd edition of this essential text, you'll find:
- Step-by-step, practical guidelines for planning and holding Responsive Classroom Morning Meetings in K–8 classrooms
- Descriptions of Morning Meeting in action in real classrooms
- 100 ideas for greetings, sharing, activities, and messages: some tried-and-true and some new
- Updated information on sharing
- Guidance on adapting meeting components for different ages and abilities, including upper grades and English Language Learners.
- Explanations of how Morning Meeting supports mastery of Common Core State Standards, 21st century skills, and core competencies enumerated by the Collaborative for Academic, Social and Emotional Learning (CASEL).
(in PDF format)
"Morning Meeting is the perfect way to begin the day. Imagine a classroom where children have fun working together as a classroom community and active learning goes on from the moment the students enter the classroom. That’s what classrooms that use the Responsive Classroom model look like."
—Linda Biondi, 4th grade teacher and MiddleWeb contributor
The Morning Meeting Book is one of the books every Responsive Classroom teacher should own and the core text in the Morning Meeting Professional Development Kit.
Paperback, 232 pages
Quantity discounts: 5–49 copies: $20.40 ea; 50+ copies: $19.20 ea
Free Gift! To celebrate the release of the new edition of The Morning Meeting Book, we're adding the Morning Meeting Greetings companion DVD to retail orders of The Morning Meeting Book!
This limited-time offer is effective while supplies last. Please note that the free DVD will not appear in your online shopping cart; we will add it to your order when it ships.