Doing Math in Morning Meetings
150 Quick Activities That Connect to Your Curriculum
Andy Dousis, Margaret Wilson, Roxann Kriete
Bring joy and energy to math learning without adding to your already-packed schedule! 150 fun and engaging math activities for kindergartners to 5th graders: guessing games, songs, chants, hands-on experiments, and more.
These math-themed ideas for all four components of Morning Meeting are designed to reflect relevant content and process standards from the National Council of Teachers of Mathematics.
- Clear, step-by-step directions
- Activities that clearly highlight the math skills and Morning Meeting component addressed
- Special appendix connecting activities to Common Core State Standards and Practices in Mathematics
- Key math vocabulary to reinforce learning
- Variations and extensions for further learning
Sample Activities (PDF)