Morning Meeting Book
Promote a climate of trust, academic growth, and positive behavior by launching each school day with a whole class gathering. This comprehensive, user-friendly book shows you how to hold Responsive Classroom Morning Meetings, a powerful teaching tool used by hundreds of thousands of teachers in K–8 schools.
In the new 3rd edition of this essential text, you'll find:
- Step-by-step, practical guidelines for planning and holding Responsive Classroom Morning Meetings in K–8 classrooms
- Descriptions of Morning Meeting in action in real classrooms
- 100 ideas for greetings, sharing, activities, and messages: some tried-and-true and some new (Click here for examples of the Morning Meeting components in the classroom.)
- Updated information on sharing
- Guidance on adapting meeting components for different ages and abilities, including upper grades and English Language Learners.
- Explanations of how Morning Meeting supports mastery of Common Core State Standards, 21st century skills, and core competencies enumerated by the Collaborative for Academic, Social and Emotional Learning (CASEL).
(in PDF format)
(on the Responsive Classroom YouTube channel)
Watch the recording of "Introducing: The Morning Meeting Book, 3rd Edition," a 43-minute presentation featuring co-author Carol Davis and senior editor Lynn Bechtel.
The third edition of The Morning Meeting Book, K-8 is a well-researched, easy-to-read, and ready-to-apply guide to the Responsive Classroom philosophy and a perfect addition to any teacher’s bookcase . . . an investment in children that is repaid many times!
—Linda Biondi, 4th grade teacher and MiddleWeb contributor
The Morning Meeting Book is one of the four books every Responsive Classroom teacher should own and the core text in the Morning Meeting Professional Development Kit.
Paperback, 232 pages
Quantity discounts: 5–49 copies: $20.40 ea; 50+ copies: $19.20 ea