Join a vibrant community of educators committed to professional development and the belief that a high-quality education for every child is built on the foundation of a safe and joyful learning community.
Educator quality is the single most important factor affecting student outcomes, and research has shown that educators who implement the Responsive Classroom approach with fidelity create the conditions that lead to high academic and social achievement for students.
Here are just a few of the benefits of being a Certified Responsive Classroom Educator:
- High-quality instruction that engages students and/or adults in their learning
- A positive and productive learning community
- A well-managed classroom and school environment
- Teaching that is responsive to students’ developmental needs
Responsive Classroom Educator Certification is a designation awarded to those who use Responsive Classroom practices and strategies with fidelity in their classrooms and schools. The designation is valid for one year, with an option to renew.
Key Benefits of Responsive Classroom Educator Certification:
- Engage in high quality professional development with a community of like-minded educators from across the globe.
- Reflect on practice and cultivate a growth mindset about teaching.
- Receive feedback from master educators.
- Twenty-five percent discount on Responsive Classroom resources.
- Access to ongoing online professional development to hone practice.
What Can a Certified Educator Do?
As a Certified Responsive Classroom Educator, you are a model implementer who can serve as a resident expert and leader of the Responsive Classroom approach. Responsive Classroom Educators can:
- Open their classrooms or schools for those interested in observing Responsive Classroom in action.
- Lead Responsive Classroom study groups using Center for Responsive Schools resources.
- Present informational sessions about the Responsive Classroom approach to families, school boards, new teachers, and other school staff.
- Serve as a spokesperson for the broader community about the impact that the Responsive Classroom approach has on classroom and school success.
What’s the Process to Become Certified?
Upon completion of the Elementary Core Course and Elementary Advanced Course (for elementary educators) or the Middle School Course (for middle school educators), the first step is to submit an application. A certified Responsive Classroom coach will evaluate your application and determine if you are then qualified to receive the Responsive Classroom Educator designation. The process is intentionally rigorous to ensure that you can serve as a master teacher and exemplar of the Responsive Classroom approach.
For additional information and a list of application requirements, download the appropriate assignment packet:
Teacher Certification (for classroom teachers)
Practitioner Certification (for non-classroom educators like school or district administrators, special area teachers, school counselors, social workers, and psychologists, instructional coaches, etc.)