Our interactive, engaging, and thoughtfully designed Responsive Classroom courses prepare educators to create optimal learning environments where students can develop the academic, social, and emotional skills needed for success both in and out of school.
All classes will run from 8:00 am to 3:30 pm UTC+2:00 (Central European Summer Time, Eastern European Time, Central Africa Time, South African Standard Time, Egypt Standard Time, Kaliningrad Time) on each of the event dates.
Please see our FAQ for more information on how we run our in-person and virtual events. For information on cancellations, see our cancellation policy. Registrations for this event close after June 26, 2022. We cannot accept any registrations after the deadline.
See below for more on the classes offered at this event!
Responsive Classroom Elementary Core Course
Suitable for educators of grades K–6
In four engaging and interactive days, you will learn about the practices and strategies of the Responsive Classroom approach, designed to create safe and joyful learning communities where all students can thrive—while helping them develop strong social, emotional, and academic skills. You will also have the opportunity to:
- Engage in energizers and interactive learning structures that can be used with students
- Experience an Academic Choice lesson that can be adapted for any grade level
- Plan Interactive Modeling, role-play, and Guided Discovery lessons to use with students
- Map out your learning space to include elements of classroom organization
- Create detailed plans for implementation of Responsive Classroom practices
All materials are included: the course resource book, Yardsticks: Child and Adolescent Development Ages 4–14, The First Six Weeks of School, The New Bird in Town, Charlie and the Octopus