- This event has passed.
Building and Sustaining a Responsive School Culture for Academic, Social, and Emotional Learning – Eastern Time
February 18, 2021 @ 8:30 am - 3:30 pm$199.00
Establish a sustainable school culture that supports and inspires adults and students alike!
A positive school culture and climate are essential for successful academic, social, and emotional learning. While every person impacts the school’s culture and climate, school leaders are entrusted with developing, guiding, and sustaining a positive culture. This seminar will examine Responsive Classroom principles, strategies, and practices that will strengthen the school culture. Opportunities to engage in reflection and planning conversations with peers and Responsive Classroom experts will enhance leadership skills in order to transform classrooms and schools.
- Identify and define key components of successful school culture
- Examine ways to create the conditions for a positive adult culture
- Explore ways to lay the foundation for a successful student culture
- Uphold and invest school community and families in the school culture
Interactive and Engaging Features
- Community building activities that educators can use with students
- Informative presentations and video viewing segments, between 5-10 minutes each, followed by an opportunity to interact with the whole group and in small groups
- Independent learning opportunities using resources shipped directly to participants
- Reflection time throughout the day
- Break-out sessions within Zoom for small group work and collaborative conversations
No prerequisite. Suitable for leaders in grades K – 8
Quick Coaching Guides:
- Getting to Know and Connect With Students
- Teaching With a Purpose: Making Connections Between Teaching and Learning
- Respectful Interactions
- Leading With Confidence: A Firm and Kind Teacher Leadership Style
- Dining with Self-Discipline
- Pay by credit card: (Visa or MasterCard) Enter ticket quantity below then add to cart—payment and attendee details will be requested at checkout.
- Pay by purchase order or check: Download our registration form. Follow the instructions on the form and submit it via email, our online submission form, mail, or fax.
- Pay by Credit Memo: Download our registration form. Follow the instructions on the form and submit it via email, our online submission form, mail, or fax. If your credit on the account doesn’t cover the full amount due, please provide additional payment for the remaining balance via credit card, purchase order, or check.
The COVID-19 pandemic has affected the scheduling of an in-person training for this site. Therefore, your registration is to guarantee a spot in the robust and engaging virtual learning experience prepared for this same week using Zoom platform. All course materials will be shipped directly to you. For any questions about this process, you may email us at [email protected]