Strategies to Prevent Bullying – Waltham, MA
February 28, 2020 @ 8:30 am - 3:30 pm$229
Bullying creeps into our classrooms like a weed. Learn how to spot it, stop it, and build a classroom rooted in community. Gain a deeper understanding of how key Responsive Classroom strategies create an inclusive environment to prevent bullying and dive into new strategies that support students working together.
- Identify, understand, and respond to bullying, cyberbullying, and gateway behaviors
- Prevent bullying by fostering community, cooperation, and inclusivity through the Responsive Classroom approach to teaching
- Examine and create lesson plans to specifically teach about aspects of bullying
No prerequisite. Suitable for grades K – 6.
Resources included: Strategies to Prevent Bullying Resource Book, How to Bullyproof Your Classroom
Check-in/Welcome: 7:30 am – 8:30 am
Session doors open: 8:15 am
Session begins: 8:30 am
Session ends: 3:30 pm
To park at the conference center, you will need to print the following parking permit and display it on your dashboard while parking. This permit is valid exclusively on February 28, 2020 and in LaCava lots L1 and L2. Vehicles without this permit will be ticketed by the venue. Print Permit
How to register:
- Pay by credit card: Enter ticket quantity below, complete attendee detail fields, then add to cart—payment will be requested at checkout.
- Pay by purchase order or check: Download our registration form. Follow the instructions on the form and submit it via our online submission form, email, mail, or fax.