- This event has passed.
Special Area Teachers – Waltham, MA (FULL)
November 19, 2019$229
Special area teachers face unique challenges—tasked with imparting expertise across grade levels, in small windows of time, often with an entire week between classes. You are also uniquely positioned to become experts in child development, supporting students as they grow and change year after year. Learn how core Responsive Classroom practices can be used to explore the opportunities and address the challenges of special area settings.
- Identify specific developmental patterns in students across grade levels
- Generate ideas for how to manage a changing environment that serves a wide range of ages and stages
- Examine five essential Responsive Classroom practices: rules and routines, Interactive Modeling, teacher language, engaging academics, and responding to misbehavior
- Consider the impact of, and learn to apply, these core practices in time-pressured special area classrooms
No prerequisite. Suitable for grades K – 6.
Resources include: Special Area Teachers Resource Book, Responsive Classroom for Music, Art, PE, and Other Special Areas
Events typically run from 7:30 am to 3:30 pm and vary slightly from event to event. Please refer to your confirmation email once registered for the specific schedule of your event.
To park at the conference center, you will need to print the following parking permit and display it on your dashboard while parking. This permit is valid exclusively on November 19, 2019 and in LaCava lots L1 and L2. Vehicles without this permit will be ticketed by the venue. Print Permit
How to register:
- Pay by credit card: Enter ticket quantity below then add to cart—payment and attendee details will be requested at checkout.
- Pay by purchase order or check: Download our registration form. Follow the instructions on the form and submit it via our online submission form, email, mail, or fax.
This workshop is currently full. For waitlist information please contact us at 800-360-6332 ext. 130 or email [email protected]