- This event has passed.
Special Area Teachers – Waltham, MA (FULL)
Special area teachers face unique challenges—tasked with imparting expertise across grade levels, in small windows of time, often with an entire week between classes. You are also uniquely positioned to become experts in child development, supporting students as they grow and change year after year. Learn how core Responsive Classroom practices can be used to explore the opportunities and address the challenges of special area settings.
- Identify specific developmental patterns in students across grade levels
- Generate ideas for how to manage a changing environment that serves a wide range of ages and stages
- Examine five essential Responsive Classroom practices: rules and routines, Interactive Modeling, teacher language, engaging academics, and responding to misbehavior
- Consider the impact of, and learn to apply, these core practices in time-pressured special area classrooms
No prerequisite. Suitable for grades K – 6.
Resources include: Special Area Teachers Resource Book, Responsive Classroom for Music, Art, PE, and Other Special Areas
Events typically run from 7:30 am to 3:30 pm and vary slightly from event to event. Please refer to your confirmation email once registered for the specific schedule of your event.
- Pay by credit card: (Only Visa or Mastercard accepted) Enter ticket quantity below then add to cart—payment and attendee details will be requested at checkout.
- Pay by purchase order or check: Download our registration form. Follow the instructions on the form and submit it via email, our online submission form, mail, or fax.
- Pay by using a Credit on Account: Download our registration form. Follow the instructions on the form and submit it via email, our online submission form, mail, or fax. If your credit on account doesn’t cover the full amount due, please provide additional payment for the remaining balance via credit card, purchase order, or check.