Special Area Teachers – Aurora, CO
November 1 @ 8:30 am - 3:30 pm$229
Special area teachers face unique challenges—tasked with imparting expertise across grade levels, in small windows of time, often with an entire week between classes. You are also uniquely positioned to become experts in child development, supporting students as they grow and change year after year. Learn how core Responsive Classroom practices can be used to explore the opportunities and address the challenges of special area settings.
- Identify specific developmental patterns in students across grade levels
- Generate ideas for how to manage a changing environment that serves a wide range of ages and stages
- Examine five essential Responsive Classroom practices: rules and routines, Interactive Modeling, teacher language, engaging academics, and responding to misbehavior
- Consider the impact of, and learn to apply, these core practices in time-pressured special area classrooms
No prerequisite. Suitable for grades K – 6.
Resources include: Special Area Teachers Resource Book, Responsive Classroom for Music, Art, PE, and Other Special Areas
Check-in/Welcome: 7:30 am – 8:30 am
Session doors open: 8:15 am
Session begins: 8:30 am
Session ends: 3:30 pm
How to register:
- Pay by credit card: Enter ticket quantity below, complete attendee detail fields, then add to cart—payment will be requested at checkout.
- Pay by purchase order or check: Download our registration form. Follow the instructions on the form and submit it via our online submission form, email, mail, or fax.