Special Area Teachers – Saturday, January 15th – In-Person Location: St. Petersburg, FL
January 15, 2022 @ 8:00 am - 3:30 pm$229.00
Special area teachers face unique challenges—tasked with imparting expertise across grade levels, in small windows of time, often with an entire week between classes. You are also uniquely positioned to become experts in child development, supporting students as they grow and change year after year. Learn how core Responsive Classroom practices can be used to explore the opportunities and address the challenges of special area settings.
- Identify specific developmental patterns in students across grade levels
- Generate ideas for how to manage a changing environment that serves a wide range of ages and stages. Examine five essential Responsive Classroom practices: rules and routines, Interactive Modeling, teacher language, engaging academics, and responding to misbehavior
- Consider the impact of, and learn to apply, these core practices in time-pressured special area classrooms
Interactive and Engaging Features
- Community building activities that educators can use with students
- Informative presentations and video viewing segments, between 5-10 minutes each, followed by an opportunity to interact with the whole group and in small groups
- Independent learning opportunities using resources provided at the event
- Reflection time throughout the day
No prerequisite. Suitable for grades K – 6.
Resources include: Special Area Teachers Resource Book, Responsive Classroom for Music, Art, PE, and Other Special Areas
- Pay by credit card: (Visa or MasterCard) Enter ticket quantity below then add to cart—payment and attendee details will be requested at checkout.
- Pay by purchase order or check: Download our registration form. Follow the instructions on the form and submit it via email, our online submission form, mail, or fax.
- Pay by Credit Memo: Download our registration form. Follow the instructions on the form and submit it via email, our online submission form, mail, or fax. If your credit on the account doesn’t cover the full amount due, please provide additional payment for the remaining balance via credit card, purchase order, or check.
The COVID-19 pandemic may affect the scheduling of in-person workshops for this site. In the event that we cannot hold this workshop in-person, we will work with you to find a virtual workshop for you to attend instead. If you decide to register for a virtual event, all course materials will be shipped directly to you. For any questions about this process, you may email us at [email protected]