- This event has passed.
Responsive Classroom Course for Middle School Educators (Wayne, PA)
July 10 - 13 @ 8:00 am - 3:30 pm$729
The Responsive Classroom Course for Middle School Educators is designed to empower educators to create a middle school experience that’s responsive to the developmental strengths and needs of young adolescents, while helping students develop the academic, social, and emotional skills they need to be successful in and out of school. In this course you’ll learn how to:
- Create a safe, positive, and inclusive community with the Responsive Classroom approach to discipline
- Design and deliver engaging and joyful instruction through practices such as active teaching, student practice, and the language of learning
- Use teacher language to speak in ways that encourage student engagement and help students become more responsible and respectful
- Challenge some of your own habits through applying new strategies that will help you more effectively manage your classroom
- Hold Responsive Advisory Meetings—a community-building core practice that nurtures students’ feelings of belonging and significance
- Use teaching practices that are culturally, individually, and developmentally responsive to young adolescents
You will also have an opportunity to work closely with colleagues, experience Responsive Classroom strategies as an adult learner, and see Responsive Classroom teachers implementing the strategies with students.
“I thoroughly enjoyed this workshop. It was extremely well done and allowed us to envision a classroom that would encompass student being the center of EVERYTHING we do. My favorite line of the entire program is that EVERY STUDENT must be heard, validated, and respected.” – Jennifer, Teacher
“A workshop that is designed to create an entire classroom from setup to procedures to academics that is a positive environment for a student that enables them to learn appropriate social, emotional, and academic skills necessary to be a successful, contributing member of society.” – Marie Ebersold, Teacher
No prerequisite – suitable for grades 5-8
Resources Include: The Responsive Classroom Course for Middle School Educators Resource Book, Yardsticks
Registration (Day 1 only): 7:30 am – 8:00 am
Welcome: 8:00 am
Session begins: 8:30 am
Session ends: 3:30 pm
How to register:
- Pay by credit card: Enter ticket quantity below, complete attendee detail fields, then add to cart—billing details will be requested at checkout.
- Pay by check or purchase order: Download and print our registration form. Follow the instructions on the form and submit it via our online submission form, mail, or fax.