Responsive Classroom Course for Elementary Educators (Evergreen, CO)
July 24 - 27 @ 8:00 am - 3:30 pm$729
The Responsive Classroom approach to teaching emphasizes academic, social, and emotional growth in a strong school community. We believe that how children learn is as important as what they learn, and that academic success is inextricably tied to building social-emotional competencies. In four interactive days, you’ll learn to use core Responsive Classroom practices to:
- Begin and end the day positively with Morning Meeting and closing circle
- Establish a calm, orderly, safe, and engaging environment for learning with a proactive approach to discipline
- Integrate energizers and interactive learning structures throughout the school day
- Develop teacher language that promotes respectful, kind, and positive classroom communities
- Respond to misbehavior with clear, consistent expectations and logical consequences
- Teach students how to complete academic tasks, interact with classmates, and maintain routines with Interactive Modeling
- Give students choices in what they learn and/or how they learn to promote greater academic engagement and achievement
- Create a developmentally appropriate learning environment
- Establish rules with your students and provide positive structures to support success
You will also have an opportunity to work closely with colleagues, experience Responsive Classroom strategies as an adult learner, and see video clips of Responsive Classroom teachers implementing the strategies with students.
“This workshop will change your teaching whether you’re a Teaching Assistant, first year teacher, specialist, or a veteran teacher.”- Meg Whitehurst, teacher
“I would describe this workshop as a wonderful, in-depth training in Responsive Classroom practices, which, when implemented with fidelity, will transform your classroom into the community every student wants to be in.” – Shareen Beech, special education
Prerequisite: None, suitable for Elementary Educators
Resources Include: The Responsive Classroom Course for Elementary Educators Resource Book, The First Six Weeks of School
Registration (Day 1 only): 7:30am – 8:00 am
Welcome: 8:00 am
Session begins: 8:30 am
Session ends: 3:30 pm
How to register:
- Pay by credit card: Enter ticket quantity below, complete attendee detail fields, then add to cart—billing details will be requested at checkout.
- Pay by check or purchase order: Download and print our registration form. Follow the instructions on the form and submit it via our online submission form, mail, or fax.