Responding to Misbehavior – Waltham, MA
February 28, 2020 @ 8:00 am - 5:00 pm$249
We’ve all been there: power struggles, defiance, meltdowns—all those particularly thorny behaviors. Learn effective strategies for understanding, addressing, and reducing challenging behavior in the classroom.
- Deepen understanding about the Responsive Classroom approach to discipline
- Identify how a teacher’s leadership style impacts student behaviors
- Utilize Responsive Classroom publications and resources to address common and problem behaviors
- Identify strategies to address emotional outbursts and meltdowns
- Consider the impact of stress on student behavior and create plans to address needs associated with stress
Prerequisite: 4-day Elementary Core Course
Suitable for grades K – 6
Resources included: Responding to Misbehavior Resource Book, Teasing, Tattling, Defiance & More; Solving Thorny Behavior Problems; Sammy and His Behavior Problems
Check-in/Welcome: 7:30 am – 8:30 am
Session doors open: 8:15 am
Session begins: 8:30 am
Session ends: 3:30 pm
To park at the conference center, you will need to print the following parking permit and display it on your dashboard while parking. This permit is valid exclusively on February 28, 2020 and in LaCava lots L1 and L2. Vehicles without this permit will be ticketed by the venue. Print Permit
How to register:
- Pay by credit card: Enter ticket quantity below, complete attendee detail fields, then add to cart—payment will be requested at checkout.
- Pay by purchase order or check: Download our registration form. Follow the instructions on the form and submit it via our online submission form, email, mail, or fax.