- This event has passed.
Responding to Misbehavior (Oakland, CA)
February 12 @ 8:30 am$249
We’ve all been there: power struggles, defiance, meltdowns—all those particularly thorny behaviors. Learn effective strategies for understanding, addressing, and reducing challenging behavior in the classroom.
- Deepen understanding about the Responsive Classroom approach to discipline
- Identify how a teacher’s leadership style impacts student behaviors
- Utilize Responsive Classroom publications and resources to address common and problem behaviors
- Identify strategies to address emotional outbursts and meltdowns
- Consider the impact of stress on student behavior and create plans to address needs associated with stress
Prerequisite: 4-day Responsive Classroom Course for Elementary Educators
Who should attend this workshop: K-6 educators interested in learning more about how the Responsive Classroom approach can help them respond to misbehaviors
Resources include: Responding to Misbehavior Resource Book, Teasing, Tattling, Defiance & More; Solving Thorny Behavior Problems; Sammy and His Behavior Problems
Check-in/Welcome: 7:30 am – 8:30 am
Session begins: 8:30 am
Session ends: 3:30 pm
How to register:
- Pay by credit card:Enter ticket quantity below, complete attendee detail fields, then add to cart—billing details will be requested at checkout.
- Pay by check or purchase order:Download and print our registration form. Follow the instructions on the form and submit it via our online submission form, mail, or fax.