- This event has passed.
Responding to Misbehavior – New York, NY
December 6, 2019$249
We’ve all been there: power struggles, defiance, meltdowns—all those particularly thorny behaviors. Learn effective strategies for understanding, addressing, and reducing challenging behavior in the classroom.
- Deepen understanding about the Responsive Classroom approach to discipline
- Identify how a teacher’s leadership style impacts student behaviors
- Utilize Responsive Classroom publications and resources to address common and problem behaviors
- Identify strategies to address emotional outbursts and meltdowns
- Consider the impact of stress on student behavior and create plans to address needs associated with stress
Prerequisite: 4-day Elementary Core Course
Suitable for grades K – 6
Resources included: Responding to Misbehavior Resource Book, Teasing, Tattling, Defiance & More; Solving Thorny Behavior Problems; Sammy and His Behavior Problems
Events typically run from 7:30 am to 3:30 pm and vary slightly from event to event. Please refer to your confirmation email once registered for the specific schedule of your event.