- This event has passed.
Online Middle School Course Central Time
August 11 - August 14$729
Bring social-emotional learning practices into your classroom with our Middle School Course!
Interactive and Engaging Features
|8:15 – Participants log in to zoom
8:30-10:30- Adult community building and part one
11:00-12:30 Part two
1:30-3:30 Part three and closing
Responsive Classroom is an evidence-based approach to teaching that’s deeply rooted in social-emotional learning (SEL) and focused on engaging academics, positive community, effective management, and developmental awareness.
In this interactive and engaging four-day course, you’ll learn how to design and implement a middle school experience that’s responsive to the developmental strengths and needs of young adolescents—while helping your students develop the academic and social skills they need to be successful. Topics will include:
- Creating a safe, positive, and inclusive community with the Responsive Classroom approach to discipline
- Holding Responsive Advisory Meetings—a core practice for middle school
- Using teacher language to encourage student engagement and help them become more responsible and respectful
- Applying new strategies for effective classroom management
No prerequisite. Suitable for grades 5 – 8.
- Pay by credit card: (Visa or MasterCard) Enter ticket quantity below then add to cart—payment and attendee details will be requested at checkout.
- Pay by purchase order or check: Download our registration form. Follow the instructions on the form and submit it via email, our online submission form, mail, or fax.
- Pay by Credit Memo: Download our registration form. Follow the instructions on the form and submit it via email, our online submission form, mail, or fax. If your credit on account doesn’t cover the full amount due, please provide additional payment for the remaining balance via credit card, purchase order, or check.
The COVID-19 pandemic has affected the scheduling of an in-person training for this site. Therefore, your registration is to guarantee a spot in the robust and engaging virtual learning experience prepared for this same week using Zoom platform. All course materials will be shipped directly to you. For any questions about this process, you may email us at [email protected].