- This event has passed.
Online Elementary Core Course Mountain Time – EVENT CLOSED
June 23 - June 26$729
Bring social-emotional learning practices into your classroom with our Elementary Core Course!
Interactive and Engaging Features
|8:15 – Participants log in to zoom
8:30-10:30- Adult community building and part one
11:00-12:30 Part two
1:30-3:30 Part three and closing
Responsive Classroom is an evidence-based approach to teaching and discipline that’s deeply rooted in social-emotional learning (SEL) and focused on engaging academics, positive community, effective management, and developmental awareness.
Learn to create safe and joyful learning communities where every student can thrive—while helping your students develop strong social, emotional, and academic skills. In four engaging and interactive days, you’ll develop a clear understanding of how to mindfully and holistically apply the Responsive Classroom approach to your unique setting through:
- Considering the developmental characteristics of students
- Structuring your space to consider and meet the needs of all students
- Beginning and ending the day positively with Morning Meeting and closing circle
- Exploring proactive practices such as Interactive Modeling, role-play, and Guided Discovery to support student success
- Generating hopes and dreams with students as a foundation for establishing rules
- Integrating energizers and interactive learning structures throughout the school day
- Providing students with autonomy in their learning with Academic Choice lessons
- Using self-reflective practices for continuous growth
RCC-E Slideshow 1RCC-E Slideshow 3RCC-E Slideshow 7RCC-E Slideshow 2RCC-E Slideshow 9RCC-E Slideshow 4RCC-E Slideshow 8RCC-E Slideshow 5RCC-E Slideshow 6RCC-E Slideshow 7
No prerequisite. Suitable for grades K – 6.
Resources included: Elementary Core Course Resource Book, The First Six Weeks of School, and Yardsticks. Also provided are Charlie and the Octopus and The New Bird in Town, picture books from Avenue A Books.
- Pay by credit card: (Visa or MasterCard) Enter ticket quantity below then add to cart—payment and attendee details will be requested at checkout.
- Pay by purchase order or check: Download our registration form. Follow the instructions on the form and submit it via email, our online submission form, mail, or fax.
- Pay by Credit Memo: Download our registration form. Follow the instructions on the form and submit it via email, our online submission form, mail, or fax. If your credit on account doesn’t cover the full amount due, please provide additional payment for the remaining balance via credit card, purchase order, or check.
The COVID-19 pandemic has affected the scheduling of an in-person training for this site. Therefore, your registration is to guarantee a spot in the robust and engaging virtual learning experience prepared for this same week using Zoom platform. All course materials will be shipped directly to you. For any questions about this process, you may email us at [email protected].