Connecting Morning Meeting to Academics – Wednesday, Oct 13th – Virtual Central Time
October 13 @ 8:00 am - 3:30 pm$249
You already use Morning Meeting to transition students into the school day and build your classroom community. Now, learn how to enhance this essential practice by examining how each of its four components can be used to teach both social skills and learning behaviors and how Morning Meeting can increase academic engagement and improve connection to and understanding of the core curriculum.
- Distinguish the social skills and learning behaviors that are critical for academic success
- Explore Morning Meeting resource materials for teaching academic and social-emotional skills
- Develop Interactive Modeling lessons to teach skills during Morning Meeting
- Plan Morning Meetings that connect to the curriculum while growing social skills, academic skills, and learning behaviors
Interactive and Engaging Features
- Community building activities that educators can use with students
- Informative presentations and video viewing segments, between 5-10 minutes each, followed by an opportunity to interact with the whole group and in small groups
- Independent learning opportunities using resources provided at the event
- Reflection time throughout the day
Prerequisite: 4-day Responsive Classroom Course for Elementary Educators
Who should attend this workshop: K–6 educators who are looking for ways to better connect the Morning Meeting structure to their curriculum.
Resources include: Connecting Morning Meeting to Academics Resource Book, Doing Language Arts in Morning Meeting, Doing Math in Morning Meeting, Doing Science in Morning Meeting, Doing Social Studies in Morning Meeting
- Pay by credit card: (Visa or MasterCard) Enter ticket quantity below then add to cart—payment and attendee details will be requested at checkout.
- Pay by purchase order or check: Download our registration form. Follow the instructions on the form and submit it via email, our online submission form, mail, or fax.
- Pay by Credit Memo: Download our registration form. Follow the instructions on the form and submit it via email, our online submission form, mail, or fax. If your credit on the account doesn’t cover the full amount due, please provide additional payment for the remaining balance via credit card, purchase order, or check.