Addressing Middle School Challenges – Saturday, February 12th – Virtual Eastern Time
February 12, 2022 @ 8:00 am - 3:30 pm$229.00
In this one-day workshop for middle school teachers, participants will focus on their middle school students and the five major challenges that they face during adolescent development. The workshop offers an opportunity to take a detailed look at The Responsive Advisory Meeting Book and to learn about one of the seven purposes of Responsive Advisory Meeting and how it can be utilized to meet the critical needs of students.
The Addressing Middle School Challenges workshop focuses on key aspects of the Responsive Classroom approach to create a unique learning experience for middle-level educators. Each participant will:
- Examine specific challenges that, according to extensive research, are unique to the middle school students that we teach, such as:
- Academic Challenges
- Self-Esteem Challenges
- Fitting-In Challenges
- Peer Pressure
- Deepen their understanding about the reflect and recalibrate purpose of the Responsive Advisory Meeting to see how it can help address these challenges and more.
- Examine the role and responsibilities of the RAM teacher.
Interactive and Engaging Features
- Community building activities that educators can use with students
- Informative presentations and video viewing segments, between 5-10 minutes each, followed by an opportunity to interact with the whole group and in small groups
- Independent learning opportunities using resources shipped directly to participants
- Reflection time throughout the day
Prerequisite: 4-day Responsive Classroom Course for Middle School Educators
Resources include: Addressing Middle School Challenges Resource Book, The Responsive Advisory Meeting Book
- Pay by credit card: (Visa or MasterCard) Enter ticket quantity below then add to cart—payment and attendee details will be requested at checkout.
- Pay by purchase order or check: Download our registration form. Follow the instructions on the form and submit it via email, our online submission form, mail, or fax.
- Pay by Credit Memo: Download our registration form. Follow the instructions on the form and submit it via email, our online submission form, mail, or fax. If your credit on the account doesn’t cover the full amount due, please provide additional payment for the remaining balance via credit card, purchase order, or check.