Middle School Course – Bridgeport, PA
July 16 - 19 @ 8:30 am - 3:30 pm$729
Bring social-emotional learning practices into your classroom with our Middle School Course!
Responsive Classroom is an evidence-based approach to teaching that’s deeply rooted in social-emotional learning (SEL) and focused on engaging academics, positive community, effective management, and developmental awareness.
In this interactive and engaging four-day course, you’ll learn how to design and implement a middle school experience that’s responsive to the developmental strengths and needs of young adolescents—while helping your students develop the academic and social skills they need to be successful. Topics will include:
- Creating a safe, positive, and inclusive community with the Responsive Classroom approach to discipline
- Holding Responsive Advisory Meetings—a core practice for middle school
- Using teacher language to encourage student engagement and help them become more responsible and respectful
- Applying new strategies for effective classroom management
- And much more
“A workshop that is designed to create an entire classroom from setup to procedures to academics that is a positive environment for a student that enables them to learn appropriate social, emotional, and academic skills necessary to be a successful, contributing member of society.”
– Marie Ebersold, Teacher
No prerequisite. Suitable for grades 5 – 8.
Check-in/Welcome: 7:30 am – 8:30 am
Session begins: 8:30 am
Session ends: 3:30 pm
How to register:
- Pay by credit card: Enter ticket quantity below, complete attendee detail fields, then add to cart—payment will be requested at checkout.
- Pay by purchase order or check: Download our registration form. Follow the instructions on the form and submit it via our online submission form, email, mail, or fax.