Middle School Course – Austin, TX
June 9 - June 12$729
Bring social-emotional learning practices into your classroom with our Middle School Course!
Responsive Classroom is an evidence-based approach to teaching that’s deeply rooted in social-emotional learning (SEL) and focused on engaging academics, positive community, effective management, and developmental awareness.
In this interactive and engaging four-day course, you’ll learn how to design and implement a middle school experience that’s responsive to the developmental strengths and needs of young adolescents—while helping your students develop the academic and social skills they need to be successful. Topics will include:
- Creating a safe, positive, and inclusive community with the Responsive Classroom approach to discipline
- Holding Responsive Advisory Meetings—a core practice for middle school
- Using teacher language to encourage student engagement and help them become more responsible and respectful
- Applying new strategies for effective classroom management
No prerequisite. Suitable for grades 5 – 8.
Events typically run from 7:30 am to 3:30 pm and vary slightly from event to event. Please refer to your confirmation email once registered for the specific schedule of your event.
- Pay by credit card: (Visa or MasterCard) Enter ticket quantity below then add to cart—payment and attendee details will be requested at checkout.
- Pay by purchase order or check: Download our registration form. Follow the instructions on the form and submit it via email, our online submission form, mail, or fax.
- Pay by Credit Memo: Download our registration form. Follow the instructions on the form and submit it via email, our online submission form, mail, or fax. If your credit on account doesn’t cover the full amount due, please provide additional payment for the remaining balance via credit card, purchase order, or check.
We are hopeful that the COVID-19 pandemic will be contained by summertime. However, in the event that we cannot provide in-person training, we are prepared to conduct a robust and engaging virtual learning experience. Should that be the case, we will ship all course materials directly to each participant. To that end, we are proactively collecting shipping addresses for course attendees. For any questions about this process, you may email us at [email protected].