When classroom discipline is working, students feel safe, know what is expected of them, and strive to meet those expectations because they understand the reasons for them. You’ll learn ideas for empowering students’ agency and responsible autonomy through the Responsive Classroom approach to teaching discipline, and how to frame school discipline as a means to empower students and analyze proactive and reactive components of the Responsive Classroom discipline framework.
- This event has passed.
Leadership Seminar – Waltham, MA (FULL)
Ever wonder what social-emotional learning looks like within a school’s adult community?
Curious about how Responsive Classroom practices can support you as an SEL leader?
Come alone or bring your whole leadership team to the Responsive Classroom Leadership Seminar! In this one-day seminar designed exclusively for school leaders (K-8), you’ll learn how to best lead social emotional learning initiatives in your school with the Responsive Classroom approach. You will:
- Deep-dive into Responsive Classroom principles, strategies and practices that will enhance your work with your staff and generate results right away
- Examine ways the Responsive Classroom approach can be applied to enhance leadership skills and transform classrooms
- Engage in reflection and planning conversations with peers and Responsive Classroom experts
We’ll cover four key elements that will help you set the conditions for SEL to thrive in your school community:
Coaching and giving evaluative feedback to teachers are key responsibilities of a school leader. Providing feedback that is specific, action oriented and focused on the future helps teachers reflect on their practice, as well as develop their unique strengths. Learn how to use reinforcing language and open ended questions as tools for delivering high-quality feedback to your teachers.
One of Responsive Classroom’s Guiding Principles highlights the importance of the work we do together as adults, and the impact that has on our learning communities. Learn how to foster a sense of respect, trust and responsibility while welcoming diverse voices and multiple perspectives in your adult teams. Find ways to build relationships authentically, find joy in collaborating with colleagues, and learn new ways to make your staff meetings more engaging.
Enhance any professional development session by incorporating easy-to-use learning structures that will engage, excite, and educate your staff. Whether it’s a book study, collaborative problem-solving group, or an all-staff meeting, these structures will ensure that your staff members maximize their learning and leave your meetings feeling invigorated.
No prerequisite. Suitable for grades K – 8.
Events typically run from 7:30 am to 3:30 pm and vary slightly from event to event. Please refer to your confirmation email once registered for the specific schedule of your event.
- Pay by credit card: (Only Visa or Mastercard accepted) Enter ticket quantity below then add to cart—payment and attendee details will be requested at checkout.
- Pay by purchase order or check: Download our registration form. Follow the instructions on the form and submit it via email, our online submission form, mail, or fax.
- Pay by using a Credit on Account: Download our registration form. Follow the instructions on the form and submit it via email, our online submission form, mail, or fax. If your credit on account doesn’t cover the full amount due, please provide additional payment for the remaining balance via credit card, purchase order, or check.