Introduction to Responsive Classroom – Saturday, February 19th – Virtual Central Time
February 19, 2022 @ 8:00 am - 3:30 pm$199.00
In this one-day introduction to the Responsive Classroom approach, you’ll learn how Responsive Classroom practices help teachers to foster positive community, integrate academics with the teaching of social and emotional skills, and create the conditions for positive student behavior.
- Hear about the characteristics of teacher language that promote respectful, kind, and positive classroom communities
- Explore interactive modeling—a structure to introduce routines and procedures in a clear and concise way
- Participate in interactive learning structures you can use with your class to make lessons more engaging
- Examine how the Responsive Classroom approach to discipline can establish a calm, orderly, and safe environment for learning
You will also have an opportunity to discuss ideas with colleagues, experience Responsive Classroom strategies as an adult learner, and see videos of Responsive Classroom teachers implementing the strategies with students in grades K–8.
Interactive and Engaging Features
- Community building activities that educators can use with students
- Informative presentations and video viewing segments, between 5-10 minutes each, followed by an opportunity to interact with the whole group and in small groups
- Independent learning opportunities using resources shipped directly to participants
- Reflection time throughout the day
No prerequisite. Suitable for grades K – 8.
Resources included: Introduction to Responsive Classroom Resource Book
- Pay by credit card: (Visa or MasterCard) Enter ticket quantity below then add to cart—payment and attendee details will be requested at checkout.
- Pay by purchase order or check: Download our registration form. Follow the instructions on the form and submit it via email, our online submission form, mail, or fax.
- Pay by Credit Memo: Download our registration form. Follow the instructions on the form and submit it via email, our online submission form, mail, or fax. If your credit on the account doesn’t cover the full amount due, please provide additional payment for the remaining balance via credit card, purchase order, or check.