Introduction to Responsive Classroom for K-8 Educators – Waltham, MA
February 28, 2020$199
In this one-day introduction to the Responsive Classroom approach you’ll learn how Responsive Classroom practices help teachers to foster positive community, integrate academics with the teaching of social and emotional skills, and create the conditions for positive student behavior.
- Hear about the characteristics of teacher language that promote respectful, kind, and positive classroom communities
- Explore interactive modeling—a structure to introduce routines and procedures in a clear and concise way
- Participate in interactive learning structures you can use with your class to make lessons more engaging
- Examine how the Responsive Classroom approach to discipline can establish a calm, orderly, and safe environment for learning
You will also have an opportunity to discuss ideas with colleagues, experience Responsive Classroom strategies as an adult learner, and see video of Responsive Classroom teachers implementing the strategies with students in grades K–8.
No prerequisite. Suitable for grades K – 8.
Resources included: Introduction to Responsive Classroom Resource Book
Events typically run from 7:30 am to 3:30 pm and vary slightly from event to event. Please refer to your confirmation email once registered for the specific schedule of your event.
To park at the conference center, you will need to print the following parking permit and display it on your dashboard while parking. This permit is valid exclusively on February 28, 2020 and in LaCava lots L1 and L2. Vehicles without this permit will be ticketed by the venue. Print Permit
How to register:
- Pay by credit card: Enter ticket quantity below then add to cart—payment and attendee details will be requested at checkout.
- Pay by purchase order or check: Download our registration form. Follow the instructions on the form and submit it via our online submission form, email, mail, or fax.