- This event has passed.
Introduction to Responsive Classroom for K-8 Educators (Oakland, CA)
February 12 @ 8:30 am$199
In this one-day introduction to the Responsive Classroom approach you’ll learn how Responsive Classroom practices help teachers to foster positive community, integrate academics with the teaching of social and emotional skills, and create the conditions for positive student behavior.
- Hear about the characteristics of teacher language that promote respectful, kind, and positive classroom communities
- Explore interactive modeling—a structure to introduce routines and procedures in a clear and concise way
- Participate in interactive learning structures you can use with your class to make lessons more engaging
- Examine how the Responsive Classroom approach to discipline can establish a calm, orderly, and safe environment for learning
You will also have an opportunity to discuss ideas with colleagues, experience Responsive Classroom strategies as an adult learner, and see video of Responsive Classroom teachers implementing the strategies with students in grades K–8.
Who should attend this workshop: K-8 educators
Resources Include: Introduction to Responsive Classroom Resource Book
Check-in/Welcome: 7:30 am – 8:30 am
Session begins: 8:30 am
Session ends: 3:30 pm
How to register:
- Pay by credit card:Enter ticket quantity below, complete attendee detail fields, then add to cart—billing details will be requested at checkout.
- Pay by check or purchase order:Download and print our registration form. Follow the instructions on the form and submit it via our online submission form, mail, or fax.