- This event has passed.
Introduction to Responsive Classroom for K-8 Educators – Chicago, IL (FULL)
In this one-day introduction to the Responsive Classroom approach you’ll learn how Responsive Classroom practices help teachers to foster positive community, integrate academics with the teaching of social and emotional skills, and create the conditions for positive student behavior.
- Hear about the characteristics of teacher language that promote respectful, kind, and positive classroom communities
- Explore interactive modeling—a structure to introduce routines and procedures in a clear and concise way
- Participate in interactive learning structures you can use with your class to make lessons more engaging
- Examine how the Responsive Classroom approach to discipline can establish a calm, orderly, and safe environment for learning
You will also have an opportunity to discuss ideas with colleagues, experience Responsive Classroom strategies as an adult learner, and see video of Responsive Classroom teachers implementing the strategies with students in grades K–8.
No prerequisite. Suitable for grades K – 8.
Resources included: Introduction to Responsive Classroom Resource Book
Events typically run from 7:30 am to 3:30 pm and vary slightly from event to event. Please refer to your confirmation email once registered for the specific schedule of your event.
- Pay by credit card: (Only Visa or Mastercard accepted) Enter ticket quantity below then add to cart—payment and attendee details will be requested at checkout.
- Pay by purchase order or check: Download our registration form. Follow the instructions on the form and submit it via email, our online submission form, mail, or fax.
- Pay by using a Credit on Account: Download our registration form. Follow the instructions on the form and submit it via email, our online submission form, mail, or fax. If your credit on account doesn’t cover the full amount due, please provide additional payment for the remaining balance via credit card, purchase order, or check.