- This event has passed.
Improving Teacher and Student Language – Waltham, MA
Words are the foundation on which teaching, learning, and relationships are built. This workshop gives you the opportunity to assess, reflect upon, and improve both teacher and student language in your classroom in order to deepen academic engagement and learning.
- Assess and build on previously learned Responsive Classroom teacher language skills
- Explore ways that language impacts conditions for learning
- Develop a plan for growth in use of teacher language
- Identify ways to teach core speaking and listening skills and support students’ practice of these skills
Prerequisite: 4-day Elementary Core Course or Middle School Course
Suitable for grades K – 8
Resources include: Improving Teacher and Student Language Resource Book, The Language of Learning, The Power of Our Words, and The Power of Our Words for Middle School
Events typically run from 7:30 am to 3:30 pm and vary slightly from event to event. Please refer to your confirmation email once registered for the specific schedule of your event.
To park at the conference center, you will need to print the following parking permit and display it on your dashboard while parking. This permit is valid exclusively on November 19, 2019 and in LaCava lots L1 and L2. Vehicles without this permit will be ticketed by the venue. Print Permit
How to register:
- Pay by credit card: Enter ticket quantity below then add to cart—payment and attendee details will be requested at checkout.
- Pay by purchase order or check: Download our registration form. Follow the instructions on the form and submit it via our online submission form, email, mail, or fax.