- This event has passed.
Improving Teacher and Student Language (Philadelphia, PA)
March 7 @ 8:30 am$229
Words are the foundation on which teaching, learning, and relationships are built. This workshop gives you the opportunity to assess, reflect upon, and improve both teacher and student language in your classroom in order to deepen academic engagement and learning.
- Assess and build on previously learned Responsive Classroom teacher language skills
- Explore ways that language impacts conditions for learning
- Develop a plan for growth in use of teacher language
- Identify ways to teach core speaking and listening skills and support students’ practice of these skills
Prerequisite: 4-day Responsive Classroom Course for Elementary Educators or 4-day Responsive Classroom Course for Middle School Educators
Who should attend this workshop: K–8 educators who are interested in deepening their understanding of language use and its impact on the classroom
Resources include: Improving Teacher and Student Language Resource Book, The Language of Learning, The Power of Our Words, and The Power of Our Words for Middle School
Check-in/Welcome: 7:30 am – 8:30 am
Session begins: 8:30 am
Session ends: 3:30 pm
How to register:
- Pay by credit card:Enter ticket quantity below, complete attendee detail fields, then add to cart—billing details will be requested at checkout.
- Pay by check or purchase order:Download and print our registration form. Follow the instructions on the form and submit it via our online submission form, mail, or fax.