Elementary Core Course – Exton, PA
July 20 - 23 @ 8:30 am - 3:30 pm$829
Bring social-emotional learning practices into your classroom with our Elementary Core Course!
Learn to create a safe, joyful, and engaging learning environment ideal for student success and growth
Responsive Classroom is an evidence-based approach to teaching that is deeply rooted in social-emotional learning and focused on engaging academics, positive community, effective management, and developmental awareness. You will learn to create safe and joyful learning communities where every student can thrive—while helping your students develop strong social, emotional, and academic skills.
- Learn and engage in energizers and interactive learning structures that can be used with students
- Experience an Academic Choice lesson using The New Bird in Town and Charlie and the Octopus that can be adapted for any grade level
- Plan an Interactive Modeling lesson, a role-play, and a Guided Discovery lesson to use with students
- Map out your learning space to organize your classroom for success
- Engage in planning workshops to create plans for implementation of Responsive Classroom practices
- Reflect on your current teaching context and new content learned throughout the week
“The most beneficial professional development I have ever had in my eight years of teaching. Completely worth the four days of time. I would do more than four if possible! I am now better equipped with how to make my classroom a place where more learning happens because a community is in place and students respect rules and their purpose.”
–Erica, 2020 participant
“This will change how you teach and how you feel about teaching—in a good way.”
–Jennifer, 2020 participant
“YOU HAVE TO TAKE IT. Game changer and so helpful and important.”
–Mary Kate, 2020 participant
- Pay by credit card: (Visa or MasterCard) Enter ticket quantity below then add to cart—payment and attendee details will be requested at checkout.
- Pay by purchase order or check: Download our registration form. Follow the instructions on the form and submit it via email, our online submission form, mail, or fax.
- Pay by Credit Memo: Download our registration form. Follow the instructions on the form and submit it via email, our online submission form, mail, or fax. If your credit on account doesn’t cover the full amount due, please provide additional payment for the remaining balance via credit card, purchase order, or check.
Should the COVID-19 pandemic affect the scheduling of an in-person training for this site, your registration guarantees a spot in the robust and engaging virtual learning experience prepared for this same week using Zoom platform. For any questions about this process, you may email us at [email protected].