Elementary Core Course – Norman, OK
June 16 - June 19$729
Bring social-emotional learning practices into your classroom with our Elementary Core Course!
Responsive Classroom is an evidence-based approach to teaching and discipline that’s deeply rooted in social-emotional learning (SEL) and focused on engaging academics, positive community, effective management, and developmental awareness.
Learn to create safe and joyful learning communities where every student can thrive—while helping your students develop strong social, emotional, and academic skills. In four engaging and interactive days, you’ll develop a clear understanding of how to mindfully and holistically apply the Responsive Classroom approach to your unique setting through:
- Considering the developmental characteristics of students
- Structuring your space to consider and meet the needs of all students
- Beginning and ending the day positively with Morning Meeting and closing circle
- Exploring proactive practices such as Interactive Modeling, role-play, and Guided Discovery to support student success
- Generating hopes and dreams with students as a foundation for establishing rules
- Integrating energizers and interactive learning structures throughout the school day
- Providing students with autonomy in their learning with Academic Choice lessons
- Using self-reflective practices for continuous growth
RCC-E Slideshow 1RCC-E Slideshow 3RCC-E Slideshow 7RCC-E Slideshow 2RCC-E Slideshow 9RCC-E Slideshow 4RCC-E Slideshow 8RCC-E Slideshow 5RCC-E Slideshow 6RCC-E Slideshow 7
No prerequisite. Suitable for grades K – 6.
Events typically run from 7:30 am to 3:30 pm and vary slightly from event to event. Please refer to your confirmation email once registered for the specific schedule of your event.