Elementary Core Course – Concord, NH
July 28 - July 31$729
Bring social-emotional learning practices into your classroom with our Elementary Core Course!
Responsive Classroom is an evidence-based approach to teaching and discipline that’s deeply rooted in social-emotional learning (SEL) and focused on engaging academics, positive community, effective management, and developmental awareness.
Learn to create safe and joyful learning communities where every student can thrive—while helping your students develop strong social, emotional, and academic skills. In four engaging and interactive days, you’ll develop a clear understanding of how to mindfully and holistically apply the Responsive Classroom approach to your unique setting through:
- Considering the developmental characteristics of students
- Structuring your space to consider and meet the needs of all students
- Beginning and ending the day positively with Morning Meeting and closing circle
- Exploring proactive practices such as Interactive Modeling, role-play, and Guided Discovery to support student success
- Generating hopes and dreams with students as a foundation for establishing rules
- Integrating energizers and interactive learning structures throughout the school day
- Providing students with autonomy in their learning with Academic Choice lessons
- Using self-reflective practices for continuous growth
RCC-E Slideshow 1RCC-E Slideshow 3RCC-E Slideshow 7RCC-E Slideshow 2RCC-E Slideshow 9RCC-E Slideshow 4RCC-E Slideshow 8RCC-E Slideshow 5RCC-E Slideshow 6RCC-E Slideshow 7
No prerequisite. Suitable for grades K – 6.
Resources included: Elementary Core Course Resource Book, The First Six Weeks of School, and Yardsticks. Also provided are Charlie and the Octopus and The New Bird in Town, picture books from Avenue A Books.
Events typically run from 7:30 am to 3:30 pm and vary slightly from event to event. Please refer to your confirmation email once registered for the specific schedule of your event.
- Pay by credit card: (Visa or MasterCard) Enter ticket quantity below then add to cart—payment and attendee details will be requested at checkout.
- Pay by purchase order or check: Download our registration form. Follow the instructions on the form and submit it via email, our online submission form, mail, or fax.
- Pay by Credit Memo: Download our registration form. Follow the instructions on the form and submit it via email, our online submission form, mail, or fax. If your credit on account doesn’t cover the full amount due, please provide additional payment for the remaining balance via credit card, purchase order, or check.
We are hopeful that the COVID-19 pandemic will be contained by summertime. However, in the event that we cannot provide in-person training, we are prepared to conduct a robust and engaging virtual learning experience. Should that be the case, we will ship all course materials directly to each participant. To that end, we are proactively collecting shipping addresses for course attendees. For any questions about this process, you may email us at [email protected].