Elementary Advanced Course – Walnut Creek, CA
June 16 - June 19$729
You’ve taken our Elementary Core Course.
Now take your SEL teaching skills to the next level with our Advanced Course!
Responsive Classroom is an evidence-based approach to teaching that’s deeply rooted in social-emotional learning (SEL) and focused on engaging academics, positive community, effective management, and developmental awareness.
The Elementary Advanced Course is designed to increase your knowledge and expand your teaching strategies and practices to strengthen the Responsive Classroom approach you’re already using. In this four-day, interactive training course, you will learn new methods and strategies including:
- Engaging Academics: Teacher Language, Open-ended Questions, Academic Choice, and Guided Discovery. We’ll also cover the Language of Learning, including core thinking, speaking and listening skills.
- Effective Management: Classroom Organization, as well as Effective Behavior Management tools such as Problem-Solving Conferences and Role-Play.
Prerequisite: 4-day Elementary Core Course
Suitable for grades K – 6
Resources included: Elementary Advanced Course Resource Book and The Joyful Classroom
Events typically run from 7:30 am to 3:30 pm and vary slightly from event to event. Please refer to your confirmation email once registered for the specific schedule of your event.
- Pay by credit card: (Visa or MasterCard) Enter ticket quantity below then add to cart—payment and attendee details will be requested at checkout.
- Pay by purchase order or check: Download our registration form. Follow the instructions on the form and submit it via email, our online submission form, mail, or fax.
- Pay by Credit Memo: Download our registration form. Follow the instructions on the form and submit it via email, our online submission form, mail, or fax. If your credit on account doesn’t cover the full amount due, please provide additional payment for the remaining balance via credit card, purchase order, or check.
We are hopeful that the COVID-19 pandemic will be contained by summertime. However, in the event that we cannot provide in-person training, we are prepared to conduct a robust and engaging virtual learning experience. Should that be the case, we will ship all course materials directly to each participant. To that end, we are proactively collecting shipping addresses for course attendees. For any questions about this process, you may email us at [email protected].