Support Staff Working Together – Eastern Time
December 16 @ 8:30 am - 3:30 pm$229
Students learn and grow best the adults in their community work together to support them. In this workshop, participants will learn how to apply Responsive Classroom principles and practices in non-classroom spaces, such as the cafeteria, after school programs, and on the bus, in order to create consistency between adult actions and student expectations throughout the day.
Specifically, participants will learn:
- The importance of creating a safe, predictable environment in non-classroom spaces
- Communication strategies to help students meet expectations, develop SEL skills, and show respect for others
- The characteristics of talking so students will listen
- How to write, share, and enforce rules that support positive student behavior
- How and when to use Interactive Modeling to teach behavioral expectations in their non-classroom environment
Interactive and Engaging Features
|8:15 am – Participants log in to zoom
8:30 am – Block 1
15 min Break
1 hour Lunch
Block 3 – 3:30 pm
Pre-requisite: The participants must work in a school where teachers have taken the Responsive Classroom Course (RCC).
Materials: Support Staff Working Together Resource Book
Who Should Attend this Workshop: All support staff in the building, to include paraprofessionals, cafeteria staff, office staff, classroom assistants, custodians, after-school staff, and any other adults who support students in the school, as well as external stakeholders such as bus drivers, parents, and PTA members.
- Pay by credit card: (Visa or MasterCard) Enter ticket quantity below then add to cart—payment and attendee details will be requested at checkout.
- Pay by purchase order or check: Download our registration form. Follow the instructions on the form and submit it via email, our online submission form, mail, or fax.
- Pay by Credit Memo: Download our registration form. Follow the instructions on the form and submit it via email, our online submission form, mail, or fax. If your credit on the account doesn’t cover the full amount due, please provide additional payment for the remaining balance via credit card, purchase order, or check.
The COVID-19 pandemic has affected the scheduling of an in-person training for this site. Therefore, your registration is to guarantee a spot in the robust and engaging virtual learning experience prepared for this same week using Zoom platform. All course materials will be shipped directly to you. For any questions about this process, you may email us at regis[email protected]