Saturday Strategies to Prevent Bullying – Eastern Time
December 19 @ 8:30 am - 3:30 pm$229
Bullying creeps into our classrooms like a weed. Learn how to spot it, stop it, and build a classroom rooted in community. Gain a deeper understanding of how key Responsive Classroom strategies create an inclusive environment to prevent bullying and dive into new strategies that support students working together.
- Identify, understand, and respond to bullying, cyberbullying, and gateway behaviors
- Prevent bullying by fostering community, cooperation, and inclusivity through the Responsive Classroom approach to teaching
- Examine and create lesson plans to specifically teach about aspects of bullying
Interactive and Engaging Features
- Community building activities that educators can use with students
- Informative presentations and video viewing segments, between 5-10 minutes each, followed by an opportunity to interact with the whole group and in small groups
- Independent learning opportunities using resources shipped directly to participants
- Reflection time throughout the day
- Break-out sessions within Zoom for small group work and collaborative conversations
No prerequisite. Suitable for grades K – 6.
Resources included: Strategies to Prevent Bullying Resource Book, How to Bullyproof Your Classroom
- Pay by credit card: (Visa or MasterCard) Enter ticket quantity below then add to cart—payment and attendee details will be requested at checkout.
- Pay by purchase order or check: Download our registration form. Follow the instructions on the form and submit it via email, our online submission form, mail, or fax.
- Pay by Credit Memo: Download our registration form. Follow the instructions on the form and submit it via email, our online submission form, mail, or fax. If your credit on the account doesn’t cover the full amount due, please provide additional payment for the remaining balance via credit card, purchase order, or check.
The COVID-19 pandemic has affected the scheduling of an in-person training for this site. Therefore, your registration is to guarantee a spot in the robust and engaging virtual learning experience prepared for this same week using Zoom platform. All course materials will be shipped directly to you. For any questions about this process, you may email us at [email protected]