Evenings Responding to Misbehavior – Eastern Time
December 08 - 10 @ 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm$249
We’ve all been there: power struggles, defiance, meltdowns—all those particularly thorny behaviors. Learn effective strategies for understanding, addressing, and reducing challenging behavior in the classroom.
- Deepen understanding about the Responsive Classroom approach to discipline
- Identify how a teacher’s leadership style impacts student behaviors
- Utilize Responsive Classroom publications and resources to address common and problem behaviors
- Identify strategies to address emotional outbursts and meltdowns
- Consider the impact of stress on student behavior and create plans to address needs associated with stress
Interactive and Engaging Features
- Community building activities that educators can use with students
- Informative presentations and video viewing segments, between 5-10 minutes each, followed by an opportunity to interact with the whole group and in small groups
- Independent learning opportunities using resources shipped directly to participants
- Reflection time throughout the day
- Break-out sessions within Zoom for small group work and collaborative conversations
Prerequisite: 4-day Elementary Core Course
Suitable for grades K – 6
- Pay by credit card: (Visa or MasterCard) Enter ticket quantity below then add to cart—payment and attendee details will be requested at checkout.
- Pay by purchase order or check: Download our registration form. Follow the instructions on the form and submit it via email, our online submission form, mail, or fax.
- Pay by Credit Memo: Download our registration form. Follow the instructions on the form and submit it via email, our online submission form, mail, or fax. If your credit on the account doesn’t cover the full amount due, please provide additional payment for the remaining balance via credit card, purchase order, or check.
The COVID-19 pandemic has affected the scheduling of an in-person training for this site. Therefore, your registration is to guarantee a spot in the robust and engaging virtual learning experience prepared for this same week using Zoom platform. All course materials will be shipped directly to you. For any questions about this process, you may email us at [email protected]