Elementary Advanced Course – Concord, NH
July 27 - 30 @ 8:30 am - 3:30 pm$829
You’ve taken our Elementary Core Course.
Now take your SEL teaching skills to the next level with our Advanced Course!
Increase your knowledge and strengthen your application of the Responsive Classroom approach
In this interactive four-day course, you will deepen your knowledge and strengthen your implementation of the Responsive Classroom approach as you refine familiar strategies and practices while learning and expanding upon new ones. Using the rich resources The Joyful Classroom and Teaching Self-Discipline, the advanced course enables you to consider your unique context and setting and more effectively apply the approach with individual students, the class, and the school community.
- Use rubrics from the Responsive Classroom Assessment Tool to assess your current practices and focus your learning for the week
- Plan new practices for implementation such as class meetings and problem-solving conferences
- Refine and plan Interactive Modeling and role-play for nonclassroom spaces like hallways, cafeteria, and bathrooms
- Learn and review language of learning lessons to target academic competencies
- Create and compile plans of Responsive Classroom practices into a portfolio for future implementation
“Exhilarating—informative and well worth attending.”
–Ernest, 2020 participant
“I would recommend this workshop to colleagues. I have implemented some of the Responsive Classroom practices and feel it has improved the learning and sense of community.”
–Paula, 2020 participant
“Super interesting content and really relevant.”
–Lisa, 2020 participant
- Pay by credit card: (Visa or MasterCard) Enter ticket quantity below then add to cart—payment and attendee details will be requested at checkout.
- Pay by purchase order or check: Download our registration form. Follow the instructions on the form and submit it via email, our online submission form, mail, or fax.
- Pay by Credit Memo: Download our registration form. Follow the instructions on the form and submit it via email, our online submission form, mail, or fax. If your credit on account doesn’t cover the full amount due, please provide additional payment for the remaining balance via credit card, purchase order, or check.
The COVID-19 pandemic has affected the scheduling of an in-person training for this site. Therefore, your registration is to guarantee a spot in the robust and engaging virtual learning experience prepared for this same week using Zoom platform. All course materials will be shipped directly to you. For any questions about this process, you may email us at [email protected].