Addressing Middle School Challenges – New York, NY
December 6 @ 8:30 am - 3:30 pm$229
In this new one-day workshop for middle school educators, you’ll focus on your students and the five major challenges they face during adolescent development. This workshop offers an opportunity to take a detailed look at the Responsive Advisory Meeting Book and to learn how it can be utilized to meet the critical needs of your students.
- Examine challenges your students face related to academics, self-esteem, fitting-in, peer pressure, and disappointment
- Deepen your understanding of the Reflect and Recalibrate purpose of the Responsive Advisory Meeting to see how it can help address the above challenges and more
- Examine your role and responsibilities as a teacher during Responsive Advisory Meetings
Prerequisite: 4-day Middle School Course
Suitable for grades 5 – 8.
Resources included: Addressing Middle School Challenges Resource Book, Investing Students in the Rules Planning Guide, and The Responsive Advisory Meeting Book
Check-in/Welcome: 7:30 am – 8:30 am
Session doors open: 8:15 am
Session begins: 8:30 am
Session ends: 3:30 pm
How to register:
- Pay by credit card: Enter ticket quantity below, complete attendee detail fields, then add to cart—payment will be requested at checkout.
- Pay by purchase order or check: Download our registration form. Follow the instructions on the form and submit it via our online submission form, email, mail, or fax.