Connecting Morning Meeting to Academics – Pacific Time
December 2 @ 8:30 am - 3:30 pm$249
You already use Morning Meeting to transition students into the school day and build your classroom community. Now, learn how to enhance this essential practice by examining how each of its four components can be used to teach both social skills and learning behaviors and how Morning Meeting can increase academic engagement and improve connection to and understanding of the core curriculum.
- Distinguish the social skills and learning behaviors that are critical for academic success
- Explore Morning Meeting resource materials for teaching academic and social-emotional skills
- Develop Interactive Modeling lessons to teach skills during Morning Meeting
- Plan Morning Meetings that connect to the curriculum while growing social skills, academic skills, and learning behaviors
Interactive and Engaging Features
|8:15 am – Participants log in to zoom
8:30 am – Block 1
15 min Break
1 hour Lunch
Block 3 – 3:30 pm
Prerequisite: 4-day Responsive Classroom Course for Elementary EducatorsWho should attend this workshop: K–6 educators who are looking for ways to better connect the Morning Meeting structure to their curriculum.
Resources include: Connecting Morning Meeting to Academics Resource Book, Doing Language Arts in Morning Meeting, Doing Math in Morning Meeting, Doing Science in Morning Meeting, Doing Social Studies in Morning Meeting
- Pay by credit card: (Visa or MasterCard) Enter ticket quantity below then add to cart—payment and attendee details will be requested at checkout.
- Pay by purchase order or check: Download our registration form. Follow the instructions on the form and submit it via email, our online submission form, mail, or fax.
- Pay by Credit Memo: Download our registration form. Follow the instructions on the form and submit it via email, our online submission form, mail, or fax. If your credit on the account doesn’t cover the full amount due, please provide additional payment for the remaining balance via credit card, purchase order, or check.
The COVID-19 pandemic has affected the scheduling of an in-person training for this site. Therefore, your registration is to guarantee a spot in the robust and engaging virtual learning experience prepared for this same week using Zoom platform. All course materials will be shipped directly to you. For any questions about this process, you may email us at [email protected]