Addressing Middle School Challenges – Central Time
November 12 @ 8:30 am - 3:30 pm$229
In this one-day workshop for middle school teachers, participants will focus on their middle school students and the five major challenges that they face during adolescent development. The workshop offers an opportunity to take a detailed look at The Responsive Advisory Meeting Book and to learn about one of the seven purposes of Responsive Advisory Meeting and how it can be utilized to meet the critical needs of students.
The Addressing Middle School Challenges workshop focuses on key aspects of the Responsive Classroom approach to create a unique learning experience for middle-level educators. Each participant will:
- Examine specific challenges that, according to extensive research, are unique to the middle school students that we teach, such as:
- Academic Challenges
- Self-Esteem Challenges
- Fitting-In Challenges
- Peer Pressure
- Deepen their understanding about the reflect and recalibrate purpose of the Responsive Advisory Meeting to see how it can help address these challenges and more.
- Examine the role and responsibilities of the RAM teacher.
Interactive and Engaging Features
|8:15 am – Participants log in to zoom
8:30 am – Block 1
15 min Break
1 hour Lunch
Block 3 – 3:30 pm
Prerequisite: 4-day Responsive Classroom Course for Middle School Educators
Resources include: Addressing Middle School Challenges Resource Book, The Responsive Advisory Meeting Book
- Pay by credit card: (Visa or MasterCard) Enter ticket quantity below then add to cart—payment and attendee details will be requested at checkout.
- Pay by purchase order or check: Download our registration form. Follow the instructions on the form and submit it via email, our online submission form, mail, or fax.
- Pay by Credit Memo: Download our registration form. Follow the instructions on the form and submit it via email, our online submission form, mail, or fax. If your credit on the account doesn’t cover the full amount due, please provide additional payment for the remaining balance via credit card, purchase order, or check.
The COVID-19 pandemic has affected the scheduling of an in-person training for this site. Therefore, your registration is to guarantee a spot in the robust and engaging virtual learning experience prepared for this same week using Zoom platform. All course materials will be shipped directly to you. For any questions about this process, you may email us at [email protected]