Morning Meeting Professional Development Kit
This award-winning multimedia kit offers everything needed to facilitate eight highly effective, school-based study group sessions on classroom implementation of Morning Meeting. Study group participants will:
- Read The Morning Meeting Book.
- Experience Morning Meeting as adult learners.
- See Morning Meeting in action in a wide range of classrooms.
- Discuss and reflect on learning.
- Plan and implement Morning Meetings in own classrooms.
This versatile tool, using The Morning Meeting Book as the main text, helps new teachers get up to speed, reinforces learning from Responsive Classroom workshops, and can be used for periodic refreshers for experienced staff. Detailed directions enable the facilitator to conduct highly effective sessions. K–6.
What’s included with the kit:
- Facilitator’s Guide: Preparatory material for the facilitator, including detailed directions for leading participants through eight two-hour study sessions (with notes for adapting to one-and-a-half hours) See sample pages.
- Resource books for the facilitator: The Morning Meeting Book (Each participant will need a copy of The Morning Meeting Book. Participant copies are not included in the kit.)
- “Sample Morning Meetings” DVD: Full-length Morning Meetings from a variety of classrooms (85 minutes, English, with optional subtitles). See a sample clip: “Dialogue Sharing with Questions and Comments“
- “Sample Components” DVD: Shows each component of Morning Meeting in action in various classrooms (75 minutes, English, with optional subtitles). See a sample clip: “One-Minute Greeting“
- CD-ROM: Printable handouts and charts, and supplemental readings
AEP Distinguished Achievement and Golden Lamp awards
5+ copies: $625.50 eachCopyright ©2008 Center for Responsive Schools, Inc