We are looking for a full-time employee for our customer service department.
This is an opportunity to join a thriving nonprofit that’s making a difference in the lives of teachers and students across this nation and beyond. Our mission is to partner with schools to provide a high-quality education for every child, every day, and our staff collaborate energetically to accomplish this mission. If you work hard and smart, value quality work, are detail-oriented, provide excellent customer service, and have the qualifications listed in the position description, we invite you to apply. We offer a competitive salary and benefit package.
The Registration and Workshop Assistant responds to customer inquiries, processes registrations, creates invoices and relevant documents related to all Responsive Classroom advertised workshops and institutes. This position also provides data entry and clerical support to other functions of Customer Service as needed.
Selected specific responsibilities
- Primary responder to incoming calls on the Registration extension and email inquiries, providing prompt and accurate information regarding Responsive Classroom workshops, institutes, and related services and products
- Enters customer information, verifies customer payment methods, and creates invoices using our databases with a high degree of speed and accuracy
- Receives and reviews orders for accuracy and contacts customers for missing or incorrect information in a timely manner
- Assists with advertised workshop and institute logistics planning which includes internet research for potential venue sites, caterers, and hotels
- Provides assistance and back up coverage in Customer Service including, but not limited to, telephone coverage for Operator and Bookstore lines, data entry, and invoicing
- Minimum of 2 years related work experience in an office setting
- High degree of speed and accuracy in data entry
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to learn to use our database
- Ability to work independently to accomplish position specific responsibilities, as well as able to perform effectively as a team player to accomplish shared responsibilities
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office
For more information, see the position description.
Job location: We are in Turners Falls, MA (Franklin County) within 5 minutes of I-91.
To apply, send a letter of interest and resume to:
Carolyn Sailer, Senior Manager of Human Resources & Facilities
No phone calls, please.